قرية الأنمي للتحميل - Download Anime
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

اذهب الى الأسفل
*Anime*
*Anime*
انمي Team
انمي Team
ذكر
عدد الرسائل : 3394
Localisation - أسم المنطقة او البلد : Yemen
تاريخ التسجيل : 20/07/2007

Shapeshifter - Soulstice (2007) Empty Shapeshifter - Soulstice (2007)

السبت يناير 12, 2008 7:46 am

Shapeshifter - Soulstice (2007)

Shapeshifter - Soulstice (2007) Tonelp002shapeshiftersoda0

Quote:

Shapeshifter are a New Zealand drum and bass outfit with a strong following, both in their homeland and here in Australia. I was first introduced to them last year when they played a kicking show at The Corner Hotel, Richmond. I left the show with a lot of respect for the tight, energetic outfit who had the crowded Corner jumping all about the place. They performed a lot of the material from their then-upcoming third album Soulstice.

Cut to now, months later, when I get my hands on a copy of said album. I'm very curious to see how it stands up to the experience of seeing these guys live. My conclusion? It stands up pretty damn well.

Before I talk about the music though, I'd like to mention that the cover art is really beautiful. I'm hardly an art critic, but David Wright’s design and Stephen Tilley’s photography is subtle yet striking. I'd happily have it framed and hanging on my wall.

What really excites me about Shapeshifter is that you don’t get a straight-up stock-standard drum and bass album. Instead, you get an album that infuses elements of dub, hip hop and funk into drum and bass and still sounds like a breath of fresh air. Opening track New Day Come is easily one of my favourites. It's over seven minutes of vocally-driven bliss, and a credit to newish vocalist P Digsss. This album has a slew of guest vocalists, including Ladi6, Kye and KP. On In the Rain, the vocal stylings of Ladi6 and P Digsss compliment each other perfectly, and it’s a track I would love to hear live. Southern Lights is a heavier guitar-driven track, with some very funky raps going on. Heat of the Moment reminded me of some of the finer moments in Pendulum's Hold Your Colour album.

And, not unlike Pendulum, Shapeshifter push the boundaries of the drum & bass genre with this album, keeping it fresh and exciting over repeated listens.

By Mark Ireland
Details:
Artist: Shapeshifter
Album: Soulstice
Release Date: 2007-01-15
Genre: R&B / Dub
Codec: mp3
File Size: 155.4 MB
Bitrate: 320 kb/s

Track Listing:

1 New Day Come
2 In The Rain Feat Ladi6